Website Design Checklist
If you’re in the process of building a website, or hiring someone to build your site, here is a great checklist to help you figure out exactly what you need before you get started. If you decide to go with an agency, like Fusion Group USA, we can help you through the process to ensure you take into account every detail.
- Think about a domain name. This could be your company name or it could include a key word to indicate what your business does. Be sure to register this domain name so that it is yours. If you go with Fusion Group USA, we can take care of the domain name for you.
- What are some keywords that should be included in your content? If you were a customer searching for your business online, what types of words and phrases would you type into Google? Come up with a list of words and phrases that you want to be associated with your business.
- Do you have content already, or are you considering hiring a copywriter? Hiring a copywriter has advantages – well-written, unique, SEO-focused content. If you are going to write your own content, keep SEO in mind, or read our blog post, “Should You Hire a Copywriter?”.
- What is the purpose of your site? Your site could be an ecommerce site, an informational site, or a site designed to get people to share their information. Establishing your purpose from the beginning will help you focus your content and site layout.
- Pictures are a big part of website design. Coming up with your own photos can add a personalized touch to your website. You can opt for stock images, but having your own photos enhances your credibility with viewers.
- How many pages are you considering? Some possible website pages could include:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Online Store/Shop
- Do you want your social media profiles linked to your website? If so, let your designer know what profiles you have so that social buttons can be added to your website.
- Figure out how you’re going to gain credibility with your visitors. You want your website to look legitimate so that visitors are more likely to do business with you. Here are some ways to prove that you’re a credible business:
- Contact details
- List reputable trade associations you belong to or add badges to your site
- Link your site to review sites that you have an account with, like Yelp!
- Real pictures of you, your staff, and your business
- What is your call to action? How are you going to get visitors to act? Think about how you want visitors to contact you and what you want them to do next. This could be visit your store in person, visit your online store, sign up for a newsletter, or get in touch with you for an estimate or consultation.
- Who’s going to host your site and are you looking for regular updating? Fusion Group USA offers hosting and maintenance packages that can fit within your budget.
If you’re getting ready to start a website, or getting a website designed it’s important to have a checklist of items that you need. It’s a complex process and having a clear goal will make the process easier. Having a web design agency makes it even easier – they can design, develop, and host your website so you don’t have to deal with the complex process, giving you more time to focus on your own business. Fusion Group USA asks for your input throughout the design and development process asking sure that your website is exactly how you imagined it would be.
Visited 90 times, 3 Visits today