The Importance of Logo Design
Logo design shouldn’t be an afterthought for your business – but that’s how many small and medium-sized businesses treat it. Your logo will be the face of your business for years to come, and it should be treated with the proper importance as people’s first introduction to your company. A professional logo is an investment in your business – so don’t skimp on this important step to reaching new customers.
That’s why we always recommend hiring a professional to design your logo – not just because we do graphic design, but because it is vital to the future marketing and advertising of your business. Today, I’ll cover the three most important reasons for hiring a designer for your company’s logo. Hopefully, it will inspire some people to put the proper investment toward their logo design.
Design for Your Audience
Your logo is for your customers, not you. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t like your logo, but your opinions should take a back seat to your target audience. Pink might be your favorite color, but if you’re targeting middle-aged men it might not work for your logo.
Your personality can be reflected in your logo, but not at the expense of alienating potential customers – and working with a designer will ensure that your logo is appealing to a wide range of people. If nothing else, getting more than one person involved in the process is always a good practice.
Trust Your Designer
If you do the upfront work of finding a good designer, then don’t be afraid to trust their instincts. Graphic designers spend all day thinking about color schemes, proportions, fonts, and layout – so they know a thing or two about what will work and what won’t.
A good designer will work with you to create a logo that is both technically solid and also meets your expectations. Be wary of a designer who either never disagrees with you or never listens to your wants. Find a designer you like and trust them – the end product will be the best because of it.
Your logo shouldn’t be overly trendy; instead, make sure it fits within a few classic design principles. These include:
- Simple: There is a time for complex designs, but your logo isn’t one of them. You want your logo to be the stripped-down essence of your company – nothing more and nothing less.
- Memorable: While your logo needs to be simple, it shouldn’t be simplistic. A good design is memorable and will stick with your customers long after they see it. Balancing simple and memorable is no easy task, but a professional designer will know how to walk that line.
- Versatile: Your logo will end up making an appearance in a wide range of places – from business cards to highway billboards. A good logo will look good in both – clear in a postage stamp size and eye-catching at eight feet tall.
- Appropriate: Your logo should fit the mood of your business. A toy company should be playful, a tool company should be rugged, and a flower shop should be colorful. There’s some wiggle room here, but your logo should give customers an idea of your market specialty.
- Classic: Design trends come and go, and unless you want to redesign your logo every five years you shouldn’t chase the latest trends. Stick to something timeless and you’ll be much happier in the long run (and so will your bottom line).
Professional Graphic and Logo Design
Fusion Group USA has some of the best graphic designers in the business ready to create an eye-catching logo for your business. Our designers love to listen to clients’ needs and then turn those ideas into graphic design that will survive the test of time.
And unlike so many so-called design agencies, we’re not happy until you are. We want our design and logo process to be collaborative from start to finish. If you’re in need of a new logo, contact us today – we’d love to talk about how we can help your business!