Is Your Social Media Marketing Working?
So you’ve put a lot of time and effort into your social media marketing, but you’re not sure if it’s paying off. Social media is a great tool for businesses and it encourages interaction and connection with your customer base – it’s worth spending a little more time and effort on. It’s also important to find out if it’s working and how you can modify or change your strategy to work better for your business. Here are some signs that your social media strategy is working:
- You’re getting referrals from your social media sites. Ask people where they heard of you and engage your current followers to share your page. Something you can do to get a quick feel for how many people are engaging with your page would be to run a coupon or special on social media only. If quite a few people are using the coupon or promo, it’s a good sign! Plus you can attach requirements to the promo code like sharing the post with friends, expanding your reach.
- Is your follower count growing? If it is, you’re reaching more people. If you do any content marketing, like blogging for instance, sharing your content on social media and encouraging people to share it could lead to more followers. Make sure your content is relevant and informative – more people are likely to share valuable information.
- An increase of website traffic may also be due in part to social media. Spreading the word on social media that you have a website where people can find more information about your products and services is a great way to generate traffic. If you’re curious about how to increase conversion with social media read our blog post, “Using Social Media to Get Conversions.”
- If people are engaging with your posts that’s a good sign that they are paying attention to your page. Comments, likes, and shares are an excellent indicator of how engaged people are with your content. You can evaluate engagement by checking out the “See Insights” page featured on your admin panel. This will let you know your total reach and give you an overview of how many people you are engaging.
- Think about something called “Engagement Metrics.” Some ways to monitor your progress would be to have a content strategy in place, target a specific demographics, and measure growth regularly. You’re looking for what your audience is doing and how they are engaging with your brand. Public engagement metrics would be likes, comments, share, retweets, replies, and favorites.
Social media can offer a business a number of benefits, but it’s important to keep track of what you’re getting out of it. This will help you plan accordingly as far as how much time and effort you want to allot to social media marketing efforts. Ultimately, if you feel like your social media plan isn’t working focusing your attention on what you can do to make it better will help your business. Whether it be limiting your social media profiles to one or two, coming up with original content, or revamping your social media profile, it’ll be worth the effort. If you’re unsure how to move forward with your social media marketing strategy, Fusion Group USA can help you monitor your progress and act accordingly. Fusion Group USA offers social media marketing, online reputation management, and social media consulting. Call today to setup your consultation!