New Year Resolutions: Social Media Marketing in 2017
Resolutions are hard, and now that we’re a solid week into 2017 the novelty has worn off. So, whether you’ve already slipped up or are going strong, here are five resolutions to consider for your social media marketing in 2017 – and I promise they’re all less painful than going to the gym!
- Go Live: This is the big one. Nearly every social media marketing out there is predicting that 2017 will be the year of live video. Video is popular, ranks well in social media algorithms, and is easy and cheap to do. If you lack the confidence to go live, at least consider working pre-recorded video content into your 2017 social media strategy.
- Pay for it: I know it hurts, but 2017 is looking to be even harder on organic reach than 2016. You’re already spending valuable time managing a social media presence, it would be unwise to waste those resources with a limited reach. Pay-to-play is the future of marketing on social media, might as well get on board now.
- Quality of Quantity: Regular content is still important, but unpopular content won’t generate reach, clicks, or conversions. Make 2017 the year that quality content is king – your customers and your bottom line will thank you!
- Forget Vanity Metrics: Followers, likes, and shares are fun to track, but they don’t mean anything if you’re not converting customers. In 2017, consider focus on more meaningful metrics like click throughs, email signups, and conversion. Of course, you don’t really have to totally forget the vanity metrics, just make sure to keep them in their proper place.
- Be Yourself: Good advice for any year, but make 2017 the year your social media presence gets a personality! There’s too much competing noise to have success with dry, lifeless posts. Let your personality shine through to connect with customers on a more personal level – social media should be fun.
Personal goals in 2017 will be up and down – especially if you’re like me and have a hard time resisting a warm chocolate chip cookie – but make sure your business goals succeed by building your social media presence into a customer conversion powerhouse.
Fusion Group USA offers monthly social media management plans that are custom tailored to fit your business. If you’re worried about keeping up with you 2017 social media marketing resolutions, give us a call and see how we can together make 2017 your best year yet!