Mobile sites are designed so that they are accessible on all sorts of devices, namely mobile phones. SEO is just as important for your mobile site as it is for your regular site because you want people to be able to find you using their phones. This is especially true because 91% of people have their phone in a 3-meter radius literally all of the time – their phone is constantly there, ready to be used for search. Making sure your site is mobile friendly is important and some indicators could be that information is presented well on the phone, the site doesn’t need pinching or zooming, the content is readable, and Google understands the site deeming it relevant. Responsive design is typically suggested by Google because the site will show up properly on a number of devices and it is relatively simple to implement. Utilizing SEO strategies will ultimately help your business over time get found on search engines like Google.
Here are some things that you can do to jump start SEO for your mobile or responsive site include:
- Make sure your site is displaying correctly on all devices to improve usability.
- Check you load time – fast load times signal to search engines that your site is working properly and it makes your site more user friendly.
- Change your content a little. Make use of bullet points and shorten content to make scanning easier. It will look better on a smaller, mobile page.
- Think of keywords when writing or changing content. How are people going to search for you? Utilize those keywords and long tail keywords.
- Your address and contact information should be on your site because this will help tie your site to a locality. Having this local connection means more people finding your store.
- In mobile ranking, customer ratings play a big role. It’s important to link to rating sites like Yelp or make sure you’re including testimonials on your site. You want people to take notice of your great product/service!
- Try and avoid popups asking for information, on mobile these can be cumbersome and hard to close. These can be a nuisance for mobile users, and they may just leave your site to avoid hassle.
- Add a click to call button! This is a great feature for people to call you directly from your site. If you make it easy, they’re more prone to use it!
- If you must use images and videos, do so sparingly. These can be difficult to load – mobile phones are running on data or Wi-Fi, so it’s important to keep in mind that connection may not always be great. You’ll slow your load time if you add too much of this content.
Making sure your phone is mobile compatible and responsive is important because search engines like Google place a high value on responsiveness. Also, people primarily use their phones to complete searches because they are easy and convenient. You want to make sure your site is optimized for both desktop and mobile. You could have two separate sites, but this could hinder SEO to an extent. Having a responsive design means having one website and one URL which is easier for Google because it will treat it as one site. If you go with a mobile site, you’ll have to start your SEO from scratch – and you could utilize these tips. These tips are great for mobile only sites or for responsive design depending on what route you prefer. Overall, user experience plays a huge part in landing rankings so be sure that you’re taking care of the website user as opposed to focusing too much on the search engine.
If you are unsure whether your site is responsive or mobile, or if you don’t have a site yet contact Fusion Group USA! We can help you get started – all our sites are responsive and we have the SEO knowledge to help your site succeed in the search rankings. Call today or use the contact form to reach out to one of our sales reps for more information!
Visited 22 times, 1 Visit today