Making the Most of Online Reviews
Online reviews can make or break a business, simple as that. The internet makes it simple and appealing to many consumers to share their experiences and opinions about business, and these reviews spread…fast. It’s important to stay on top of your online reputation because it end up hurting your business in reality. Allowing customers to candidly share their experiences at your business gives you an insight into what you’re doing right and what could use some improvement. Making the most of reviews can help you establish online credibility and improve you customer service. There are some other benefits to utilizing online reviews:
- A recent study found that 68% of consumers read and trust opinions posted online, and 88% of consumers trust online reviews as if they were personal recommendations.
- If you are getting great reviews, you could be gaining more trust. Nearly 72% of consumers trust a business more after reading good reviews from other people.
- Having more reviews on Google+ or Yelp could increase your SEO rankings. Having outside sources discuss and reference your business adds to your credibility and boosts rankings.
So, utilizing online reviews could benefit your business. But, there are some things you need to do to reap these benefits. Here are three ways to make the most of online reviews:
- Use positive reviews as content for your site.
Having a testimonial page or linking to sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, or Angie’s List (depending on your business type) could be a great way to boost your original content or add credibility to your business. It lets people know that you have confidence in your business and you are open to criticism.
- Always respond to feedback.
Your initial reaction to a negative review may be anger or frustration, but it’s important to see it through the consumer’s eyes. You are invested in your business and you’ve put a lot of work into it – you’re not the most objective source when it comes to how you do things. Take a step back, read the review carefully and come up with a solution to the problem. Offer to discuss the matter one-on-one so that you can quickly take care of the issue and let them know that you value their business.
- Use negative feedback to make improvements.
Reviews offer an opportunity to evolve as a business. It’s important to stay fresh and relevant, and feedback can help you identify areas that are need of attention. Don’t just write off bad reviews, embrace them and use them for positive change.
Monitoring your online reputation with reviews can be time consuming, but ultimately it’s worth using. The majority of consumers use reviews as guides when making purchasing decisions, so it’s important that your business is part of the discussion. Fusion Group USA can help you integrate reviews into your site and we can offer advice on how to make the most of online reviews. If you need information or a consultation on your online reputation, contact us for more info!