Want to Start a New Social Media Account?
So you’ve got a Facebook for your business, and you’re considering starting a new social media profile. Don’t just jump into it! Making social media work for your business is about strategy, timing, and commitment. Sometimes small businesses make the social media marketing mistake of spreading themselves too thin. You don’t want to get started on a new social media site, realize you don’t have the time to keep it updated, and eventually neglect it potentially neglecting prospective customers in the process. If you are interested in social media and what it could do for your business, Fusion Group USA offers services that could help you out with your social media marketing. But before you decide to expand your online networking reach, here are some things to consider.
- What other marketing strategies could you be spending time on? Is creating another social media account going to be as successful as other forms of marketing? Think about the time, effort, and potential money you will be putting into another account writing content, posting regularly, paying someone to take care of it for you, paying for ads, etc. Is it going to pay off for your business, or could that time, effort, and money be focused on a more beneficial strategy?
- Is this networking site going to give you a different result or different reach than the other account you already have? Maybe the site you’re looking to join has a different user base that you would like to tap into, or it offers various options for you to try. For instance, if you’re on Instagram but you would like to include more written content into your social media marketing strategy maybe Facebook or Google+ would be sites to look into. If there is no specific, measurable gain from starting a new account it’s probably a good idea to stick with the one you have.
- Do you have the time to build and monitor another social networking account? Time is essential to staying on top of your accounts, posting regularly, and responding to friends and customers online. Social media is supposed to help you connect with people, and if you don’t have the time to make connections there’s really no point in being on the site.
- What is your plan for generating content? This doesn’t just mean written content – videos, pictures, infographics, etc. This point relates to the time question. Do you have enough time (or desire) to generate new content for another account? The thing is, you should treat each site as their own entity because they appeal to different demographics. A post you put on Facebook may not translate as well on Twitter or Instagram. Understand the audience and tailor your content accordingly.
- What’s your ultimate goal in social networking? Is it to build a customer base? Get your products/services for exposure? Enhance your customer service? Find your reason for networking, and be sure that whatever site you join is going to help you realize your goal.
Social media marketing is a great tool for business – but you do have to put in the time and effort. Having an account isn’t enough. You have to post regularly and interact with people, after all it is SOCIAL networking. Identify your purpose in social networking for your business and from there, ask yourself the questions above to decide if it’s time to expand your social network marketing plan. If you would like to expand, but you don’t have the time Fusion Group USA offers social media marketing and management. We can help you stay on top of your networking, help you with content, and advise you on the best route to take. If you’re interested in getting your business out into the world of social media give us a call and we can help get you started!