Link building is one of those SEO tricks you hear about, but you may not be sure what it entails. There are a number of SEO strategies that a business can employ when designing, building, and promoting a website. In the case of link building, it’s about improving your rankings by linking to or being linked to by high quality sites. Google will regularly index the content on your site, gauging the relevancy and importance of your site according to your information and the links that are present. So, how do you build links and why is it beneficial? In this post, we’ll discuss the importance of links and a few ways to build links.
Some of the benefits of link building are not only related to SEO. Link building can help you build relationships with influencers within your market and build credibility for your business. It also generates website traffic because being linked to high quality, trusted site is in a sense like a referral. It gives you exposure and creates a sense of legitimacy for your business. Another great benefit of link building is building your brand by gaining brand exposure and recognition in your market. In order to reap any of these benefits, you need to make sure your site is worth linking to. Whether it’s your homepage, products/services, or blog making sure that what you have on your site includes high quality content that people will engage with.
Here are some ways you can build links:
- Link to other sites. If you are writing content and there are valuable, quality resources be sure to link to them.
- Link to other pages on your site. For instance, if I write a blog post that discusses information from another blog post or our portfolio, I link to it!
- Write high quality content, like a blog, and get people to read it! Post your blogs to social media or make them a part of a monthly newsletter. The more people read and share, the better you’ll do.
- Build relationships with other businesses and see if there would be a mutually beneficial way to link up.
- Give a survey. Once you ask people to do your survey, you can post results. If other business in your area deem it informational, they may link to your site.
- Social media! Share your content and links on you profile so that others can share your posts or visit your site.
- Sending out newsletters with links back to your site.
- Adding a link to your email signature.
- Getting your website on your local chamber of commerce site.
- If you have an eCommerce site, team up with a non-competing site.
There are number of ways to build links for the sake of SEO. The thing to keep in mind is that this is not the be all and end all. There are a number of ways to boost SEO – link building has gotten a bad rap in the past because of sites using bad links, unnatural links, and paid link spam. Focusing on high quality content and user friendliness will ultimately help with link building as well. SEO is process, it’s not something that happens overnight. It’s important to try various strategies to see what works for your business. Fusion Group USA offers SEO services in conjunction with website design, development, and marketing. If you are having a hard time with your SEO or you’re not sure how to proceed, give us a call and we can help your site succeed!
Visited 26 times, 1 Visit today