Improve Your Social Media Strategy
Social media strategy can be tricky, and coming up with a winning strategy involves a few different elements. Adding social media to your adverting and marketing plan is a great way to make connections, improve customer service, generate brand exposure and recognition, and establish an internet presence. Here are 10 great tips on how to improve your social media strategy:
- Keep your posts clear and concise. Don’t make posts long and drawn out. If you are writing an informational post and you want to give complete information, consider writing the content elsewhere (like in a blog) and then linking to it on social media. If there is too much text, people are more likely to scroll right past.
- Blogging is a great way to boost your social media presence. Writing original content is not only a great SEO strategy, it’s a great way to direct traffic to your website from social media. If someone reads an interesting post that is linked to a blog post, they’ll click to read more drawing attention to your site.
- When posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. try to encourage your customers and clients to give you feedback and engage in conversation. Pose questions, ask for comments, and respond regularly. Keeping people engaged means more exposure for your business.
- Find out what market you are targeting! This is part of a basic business plan, understanding the demographic you are trying to target and then marketing accordingly. Same thing with social media! Understand the characteristics of your market so that you can craft posts that will surely grab their attention.
- Keep up with the competition and check their posts regularly. They are trying to target the same people you are, so you want to check out their strategy and see if it’s working. If it is, what are they doing that you’re not?
- Treat each social media channel as an individual entity. Posts on Facebook will be different than posts on Twitter, and you wouldn’t post something to LinkedIn and use it on Instagram necessarily. It’s important to tailor your posts and content to the social media network – different types of people use different social media channels.
- Mix it up! Differentiate your posts from time to time, throw in a video, audio, and pictures to keep people’s interest peaked. A study found that posts that have pictures have 94% more total views that those without.
- Always respond to comments, whether they are positive or negative. Most companies will definitely responded to a negative post, but positive ones go unnoticed. Just acknowledging someone’s comment or post can boost their engagement. You want to stay positive with customers, and social media can be a great customer service tool!
- Add share buttons to content on your site to encourage people to share your material. If you have a blog, this is a good way to get people to read, comment, and share your information with others.
- Social media is a daily activity. Dedicating a period of time every day to post and reply is important to staying consistent. If you can only devote a short period of time a day, limiting yourself to one or two channels is a good idea. If you feel you can take more time to focus on social media, adding a couple more might be something to consider. Just be sure to understand your limitations and make the most of the channels you use.
Social media is a great strategy for any business, but there are some tips and tricks that can make it even better. Utilizing some of these tips will help you navigate the world of social media and boost your business’s online presence. Fusion Group USA offers social media marketing and management to enhance your social media efforts. Give us a call today to discuss your social media options!