Thinking about your SEO strategy can be daunting and overwhelming, especially if you are focusing on the big picture. Something you can do to make it more manageable and understandable is to break it down into smaller parts. This will also help you figure out key characteristics of your business. Here are some questions you can ask yourself while developing your SEO program based on the 5 W’s.
- Who are your customers?
- Who are they online?
- What are their interests?
- What is your target market?
- Who is going to be looking for you?
- What are your customers looking for online?
- What are they expecting from your business?
- What would appeal to them online?
- When are people going to be looking for your products/services?
- When would it be beneficial for you to advertise?
- When is it time to try a new strategy as far as marketing?
- Where do your customers typically go online?
- What social media sites do they frequent?
- What are their social media profiles like?
- Where do your customers go to look for information about your business/industry?
- Why is it important to focus on SEO?
- Why are people going to be looking for you online?
- Why do people want your product/service?
- Why is it important for people to know about your product/service?
Going through and answering these questions honestly will help you gain a clearer picture of who you are targeting, why you are targeting them, and how you are going to go about reaching them. This brings us to the last “w” even though it’s an “h” – how. How are people going to find you? How are you going to structure your SEO strategy? This is where the planning comes in so that you successfully implement a strategy that will work for your business. Fusion Group USA can help you in your SEO journey! We have web designers and developers in addition to experienced marketers that can help you with your SEO strategy. Contact us today for more information!