Running a small business almost always means running on limited resources. There never seems to be quite enough money in the bank, or hours in the day, to accomplish all your goals. But that doesn’t mean small businesses have small goals – and so leading a successful small business means getting creative when it comes to resource management.
And to make things even more difficult, the small business owner is often competing against the big guys – with their equally big budgets, marketing and advertising departments, and resources. But the internet is the perfect place for small businesses to make their mark and effectively allocate their resources.
The internet is the great equalizer – where multi-national corporations and local businesses can compete head-to-head for customers. And when it comes to facing off against the giants, a quality website just may be the most important tool available to the small business owner.
Smart design can keep up with the biggest of businesses and highlight what you provide that others can’t. Here are seven tips to creating a successful small business website:
- Keep up with the latest trends – having a dated website reflects poorly on your business and doesn’t inspire trust, but keeping up with the latest design trends will help keep your company fresh and relevant.
- Highlight contact information – When it comes to reaching a real person with questions or concerns, small businesses have a huge advantage over their bigger competitors so highlight that strength by prominently displaying your contact information.
- Capture customer data – Building a database of interested customers is a huge asset to small businesses so always include a way to collect customers email or phone number.
- Responsive design – Mobile access is steadily growing, customers expect it and search engines will penalize you without it, so make sure your website is optimized for mobile.
- Link to social media – Social Media is a great way to build a brand identity – make sure you’re pointing customers in that direction so they can follow and like what you’re doing there.
- Blog – Blogging has many benefits, it builds customer trust, helps with SEO rankings, and positions your business as valuable producer of industry content. Every small business should include way to include new and fresh content on their website
- Reviews/Testimonials – Customers want to know they can trust you, and the best way to develop that trust is by providing customer reviews and testimonials.
For small businesses, the struggle is real – but building a successful and engaging website doesn’t have to part of that. Let the experts in website design, SEO, and marketing at Fusion Group USA help you take on the biggest of competitors with an eye-catching online presence. Contact us today to see how Fusion Group USA can help!