Automate your Email: Marketing Made Easy
Email marketing continues to be one of the most powerful ways to reach consumers with your message. Email is a conversion machine, outperforming both search and social for most businesses. Email marketing is an economical and effective way to drive your business, and so you should have an email plan in place.
But before you jump headlong into email marketing, you should know that not all campaigns are created equal. You could do the hard work of building an active email list, send out periodic email blasts about your business, and wait for results – but that won’t get the most out of your investment. If you want to truly optimize your email marketing, you need to invest in automated emails. Why? Because automated email messages average over 70% higher open rates and 150% higher click-through rates than typical email messages!
Automated email marketing might sound intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be difficult! Keep reading to see how you can leverage the power of automation to increase your email ROI.
What is Automated Email Marketing
Automated email marketing is the process of sending personalized email messages based on preset behavioral triggers. Simple, right? In traditional email marketing, a company sends out the same email to every user at the same time. There’s nothing wrong with this method, and it can still be an effective tool. But it should only be a single part of a larger email strategy.
Traditional marketing emails come across as just that – attempts to convert subscribers into customers. With automated email, there is a host of additional benefits:
- Emails are relevant to customer’s recent actions
- A personalized touch feels less like advertising and more like a relationship
- Automated systems reduce the need for repetitive email tasks
- Customers receive regular communication from your brand
Automated emails rely on customer-activated triggers, and those can be built around any number of actions and even segmented by additional audience data. Automation systems are only limited by your imagination, so let’s look at a few of the more popular automation triggers:
- Welcome Emails: Welcome customers to your email list with automated welcome messages. As one of the easiest automated emails, welcome messages require very little work and help to reinforce your brand in minds of your customers.
- Thank You Emails: Your website is full of calls to action. When they work why not fire off a thank you message to your customer. This could include a purchase, download, or request – whatever it is, capitalize on the interaction with an automated thank you message.
- Upsell Opportunity: If you have repeat customers buying similar items, your automated email system can recommend related products and services. This helps to build brand loyalty while presenting the opportunity for more sales.
- Don’t Go: Customers tend to drift over time. Re-capture fading customers through automated emails. If they haven’t interacted with your brand in a while, you can offer discounts or other incentives to bring them back onboard.
- Abandoned Cart Reminders: Abandoned shopping carts are a frustration to any online seller. Reduce the number of abandoned carts by sending out reminder emails to customers that have left without finalizing their purchases.
- Sales Funnel: Sales follow-ups are hard. But an automated email system can remove the guess work. Segment your leads by their place in the buying process and set them up for regular sales emails. These emails can be further refined by tracking open rates, link clicks, and interactions.
How to Get Started
The beauty of automated email marketing is that it takes very little work once you have a system up and running. The beginning of the process is not much different from traditional email marketing – you collect email address along with as much customer data as you can.
Once you have a list to work with (and data for audience segmentation), you are ready to step into the world of automated email marketing. Fusion Group USA makes the rest as easy as possible. You set the automation parameters, and we manage your list in our email marketing system – that’s it. Custom trigger behaviors are tracked and, when activated, your email message goes out.
You can regularly update your trigger behaviors, messages, and user data to keep your emails fresh and relevant – but otherwise, you can just sit back and let us take care of the hard work. Contact us today if you want to learn more about how automated email marketing can transform your email marketing efforts.